at Middle Tennessee State University
Tel: 1(615) 898-2980
Murfreesboro is home to fabulous shopping, unique history, walking trails, great dining and of course not far from Music City (Nashville, Tennessee). Check out these links for up-to-date information about our local events!
The geographic center of the state of Tennessee, Murfreesboro is Tennessee's fastest growing major city and one of the fastest growing cities in the country.
Murfreesboro is a friendly city located 30 minutes outside of Nashville. There is something for everyone here; rather your interests are music, cinema, nature or academia.
- Hike, swim, boat or fish at Percy Priest Lake at Long Hunter State Park.
- Stroll Murfreesboro's historic downtown square. The square surrounds the historic courthouse and features unique shops, restaurants, and a flashback to earlier times. The square was the location for Martina McBride's award-winning "Independence Day" music video, as well as an Emmy-winning Monday Night Football video, shot by ABC.
- Get a glimpse of pioneer days at Cannonsburgh Village, which features a gristmill, one-room schoolhouse, town hall, log home, church, general store, and working blacksmith's shop, as well as a large collection of antique farm equipment.
- Stop at Discovery Center, a hands-on museum and environmental center which features hundreds of fun exhibits, 20 acres of outdoor wetlands, daily programs and a two-story slide.
- Catch a play at the Center for the Arts.
- Attend a sporting event at MTSU! GO RAIDERS!!
Distances to Key Locations (from ELS Center)
|4Stay-Campus Crossings Apartments (Student Residence (off campus))|
|Other Nearby Cities:|
While most people in Murfreesboro have their own transportation, there are sidewalks for walking and biking. In addition, there is a public bus system for the MTSU campus as well as the city of Murfreesboro. The times and pick-up locations can be found on these websites:
In addition, students can use taxi service to go to nearby Nashville. Taxi service can be reached at 615.848.2700 or middletennesseetaxi.com/